Gibson Les Paul Studio '50s Tribute with Humbuckers
Weight: 7.55 lbs / 3425 grams
Comes with hardcase, brilliant light weight les paul, plays and sounds sublime.
Released midway through 2010, the Les Paul Studio '50s Tribute packed the stripped-down appeal of the long-running Studio line in a great '50s-themed model with P-90 pickups that was a major hit with players everywhere, and sold out quickly as a result. Now the Les Paul Studio '50s Tribute Humbucker from Gibson USA captures the same popular look and feel, updated with the PAF-style humbucking pickups that hit the Les Paul model later that decade. This is sure to be one of the most desirable formats introduced to the Les Paul Studio series since its inception in 1983. Available in three great played-in looking grain-textured satin nitrocellulose finishes'in Worn Gold, Worn Honey Burst, and Worn Ebony'the Les Paul Studio '50s Tribute Humbucker marries the features of the legendary original Les Paul Standard to the no-nonsense styling of the Studio range, sparing elements like body and fingerboard binding and inlaid logo, to bring you significant savings, and has an extremely broad appeal as a result.
A solid, carved maple top and chambered mahogany body give the Les Paul Studio '50s Tribute the same tonewood combination that has been helping Les Pauls rock for nearly 60 years, giving you all the tonal depth and richness married to clarity and articulation that has helped to make the Les Paul the world's favorite single-cutaway electric guitar. The guitar's glued-in neck is crafted from solid quarter-sawn mahogany and carved to a rounded '50s profile that is superbly comfortable in the hand. It carries a rosewood fingerboard with 22 medium-jumbo frets and a 12-inch radius for easy, choke-free bending. Other period correct details include a 17-degree back-angled headstock for optimum string pressure in the PLEK-cut slots of its Corian nut, and a 1 11/16" width that gives you plenty of room to move around the 'board.
Of course a major part of the appeal of the Les Paul Studio '50s Tribute Humbucker lies in the pickups that help to give it its name, a pair of popular units from Gibson USA's Modern Classics series. The 490R in the neck position is made with an Alnico II magnet and wound to the specs of original PAF humbuckers, for smooth tones with outstanding note definition. The 498T in the bridge position carries an Alnico V magnet for added punch, and slightly overwound coils for more bite and bluster from the "lead" setting. It's all anchored in traditional'50s style, naturally, with a Tune-o-matic bridge and stopbar tailpiece at the body end, and a set of Kluson-style vintage tuners with green tulip keys up at the headstock. Put it all together, and it's an enormously appealing Les Paul by any standards, and surprisingly easy on the bank balance!
- -Top: Maple
- -Back: Mahogany
- -Body Type: Chambered
- -Species: Mahogany
- -Profile: "Studio 50s" Rounded
- -Truss Rod: Traditional Adjustable
- -Species: Rosewood
- -Frets: 22
- -Radius: 12"
- -Nut/E.O.B: 1.695"/2.260"
- -Inlays: Acrylic Trapezoids
- -Material: White Corian
- -Width: 1.695
- -Slots: Gibson PLEK System
- -Logo: Gold "Gibson" Logo with scripted "Les Paul Model" Silkscreen
- -Truss Rod Cover: Black and White Antique Bell
- -Model: Vintage Kluson-style with Green Tulip Keys
- -Plating: Nickel
- -Tuning Ratio: 14:1
- -Type: Tune-O-Matic
- -Material: Zamak
- -Plating: Chrome
- -Type: Stop Bar
- -Knobs: Gold Top Hats with Inserts
- -Toggle Switch Washer: Cream with Gold Imprint
- -Pickguard: Cream Plastic
- -Pickup Mounting Rings: Cream Plastic
- -Control Plate Cover: Black Plastic
- -Strings: .010 - .046, Genuine Gibson strings
- -Strap Buttons: Black Aluminum
- -Neck Position: Uncovered 490R (Alnico II)
- -Bridge Position: Uncovered 498T (Alnico V)Electronics
- -Potentiometers: 2 Volume Controls, 2 Tone Controls
- -Type: 300k Linear Volume, 500k Non-linear Tone
- -Toggle Switch: Three-way Switchcraft with White Plastic Tip
- -Output Jack: Traditional 1/4"
- -Sealer: Nitrocellulose
- -Surface Texture: High Gloss