Gibson Memphis '64 ES-345 2016 Frost Blue VOS
Finished in an extremely cool 'Frost Blue' this 335 is outrageously cool in every respect. It's 64 contours are slim and stylish while the variatone circuit provides the tones of legendary guitarists like BB King who are famed for using them.
It's neck is slim and the nut growing into a slightly chunkier shape towards the neck. The MHS humbuckers are warm, detailed and extremely satisfying to play.
As you would hope for a guitar this cool, it's in mint condition. It's hardly been played since it left the factory in 2016 and has been well looked after since. It comes with the original yellow lined hard case as well!
Weight: 8.12 lbs / 3685 grams
One of the key points of these reissue models is that it not only has to feel and sound like the original but also have the same classic style and class that was found on these older guitars. They have hit it out the park with this VOS finish on maple. This guitar oozes tradition and class and produces a truly fantastic instrument with spectacular vintage design.
When this guitar launched it looked to take the ES-335 up to the next level and it did this thanks to the varitone pickup system which has 6 different modes. Each of these different modes allows you to boost or cut different frequencies on the pickups or you can just leave it bypassed in its 1st position. The Pickups are cool and smooth with a hint of bite when run through a classic amplifier that is starting to drive itself. This guitar works amazingly for rock, blues, jazz, pop and just about any genre where clarity and precision are key.
- Body Type: Semi-hollowbody
- Body Shape: ES-345
- Left-/Right-handed: Right-handed
- Number of Strings: 6
- Body Material: 3-ply Maple, Poplar, Maple
- Top Material: 3-ply Maple, Poplar, Maple
- Color: Frost Blue
- Body Finish: VOS Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood with rolled binding
- Fingerboard Inlay: Split parallelograms
- Number of Frets: 22, .100" x .045" fret wire
- Neck Pickup: Memphis Historic Spec humbucker
- Bridge Pickup: Memphis Historic Spec humbucker
- Controls: 2 x volume, 2 x tone, 3-way toggle pickup switch, matched 500k potentiometers