The JVM410H is powered by a quartet of classic EL34 power tubes. Synonymous with the unmistakable British amp sound, EL34s break up softly to create tight, saturated and harmonically-rich tones.
If you're concerned about this amp not sounding good at low volumes though, you needn't worry! You can simply keep the master volume low and drive the ECC83 preamp tubes (via the channel volume controls) to attain those authentic cranked valve amp tones at bedroom levels.
Each of the JVM410H's channels feature independent 3-band EQ sections, meaning that you can precisely tweak your ideal clean, crunch, distorted and lead tones. The master presence and resonance knobs let you affect the overall highs and lows to suit the acoustic characteristics of any space or venue.
Assignable digital reverb per channel is also useful, and you can even set different reverb levels if you want a wet ambient clean sound and a drier distorted tone. The JVM's two effects loops not only allow you to use external modulation and time-based pedals, but with a thoughtful mix control too, you can affect their volume in the signal chain.
One of the coolest features on a Marshall JVM amp is the second master volume control. Letting you set a different amount, you can engage the second master volume via the included footswitch to give your solos an extra boost!
All Marshall JVM amps feature MIDI inputs, meaning that you can use external MIDI controllers to switch their channels completely on the fly! If you use a pedalboard switcher with a MIDI interface, you can therefore control all of your stompboxes and simultaneously send MIDI commands to a JVM amp.
With the ability to change other parameters via MIDI, such as the JVM's built-in reverb, second master volume and effects loop; this amplifier is truly built for contemporary players looking for ultimate control!
- Model: JVM410H
- Range: JVM
- Technology: Valve
- Channels: 4 (Multi)
- Output Wattage: 100W
- Outputs: Speaker outputs: 5 x 1/4" jack sockets (16Ω load / 8Ω load / 4Ω load), Emulated Line Out (XLR), MIDI Thru
- Inputs: 1 x 1/4" jack instrument input, MIDI In, Footswitch
- Controls: Channel and mode select (button), gain (per channel), treble (per channel), middle (per channel), bass (per channel), volume (per channel), reverb (per channel), presence, resonance, master volume select, master volume (switchable for each channel)
- Effects: Digital reverb
- Effects Loop: 2, 1 x series parallel, 1 x series
- Preamp Valves: 4 x ECC83, 1 x ECC83 (phase splitter)
- Power Amp Valves: 4 x EL34
- Weight: 22 kg / 49 lbs
- Width: 740 mm / 29.1"
- Height: 310 mm / 12.2"
- Depth: 215 mm / 8.5"