Click for HD Photos
An incredible innovation from the Martin, the D-16 e combines the larger frame of a dreadnought sized guitar with the shallowness of a 000 sized body for an outstanding combination of rich, full tone and comfort.
As usual with Martins, the blend of rosewood and spruce gives you all the classic acoustic tones you've heard a million times of records dating back to the beginning of popular music. Rich warm lows, detailed mids and a warm, woody top end that never sounds thin or harsh. All this Martin magic is captured by the Fishman Matrix pickup for stellar amplified tone.
If it were not for the smallest, almost unnoticeable marks, this guitar would win a case queen award. It's been lovingly cared for the last year since it left the factory and comes with it's semi-soft case.
Martin D-16E Rosewood Electro Acoustic Specs:
- Body Size: D-14 Fret (000 Depth)
- Top: Gloss Solid Sitka Spruce
- Rosette: Bold Herringbone with Multi-Stripe
- Top Bracing: Forward-Shifted X-Brace
- Back Material: Solid Rosewood
- Side Material: Solid Rosewood
- Neck Material: Select Hardwood
- Headstock: Solid with Square Taper
- Headplate: East Indian Rosewood
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Scale Length: 25.4"
- Number of Frets Clear: 14
- Number of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Width at Nut: 1 3/4"
- Top, Back, and Sides Finish: Satin
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Fishman Matrix VT Enhance NT2
- Case: Includes Soft Shell Case