Gibson Memphis ES-335 Block Satin 2016
Brilliant ES-335 Block, almost mint, hardly played.
The legendary ES-335 is sweeter than ever in the 2016 Gibson Memphis edition! Advancements in vintage coloring, a sustain-enhancing historic tubeless truss rod, and PAF-evoking Burstbucker pickups make this 335 look, play, and feel more like an original '58 than ever. From soulful blues to smooth jazz to gritty rock, there's just no substitution for the vibrant sustain and all-night comfort of the 335's contoured maple body with feedback-fighting center block. A more stable redesigned neck with rolled binding gives the Gibson Memphis 335 a smoother feel, and an adjustable ABR-1 bridge with titanium saddles helps accommodate the roughest to the most delicate of playing styles. Experience the instrument that shaped the sound of rock 'n' roll: the Gibson Memphis ES-335.
Gibson Memphis ES-335 Semi-hollowbody Electric Guitar at a Glance:
- Handcrafted in the Gibson factory on Beale Street
- Burstbucker pickups deliver vintage PAF tone
Handcrafted in the Gibson factory on Beale Street
Nobody makes a semi-hollowbody guitar like Gibson. This superb 335 is handcrafted in Gibson's Memphis Custom Shop on Beale Street for quality craftsmanship you can count on, and from a city that knows how blues should sound. Carefully selected maple and poplar tonewoods give the Gibson Memphis 335 its signature bark, and a carefully calipered body cavity with Titebond 50 glue joints and a maple center block give it its controlled howl and haunting sustain.
Burstbucker pickups deliver vintage PAF tone
Handwound Burstbuckers give this ES-335 the tight low end, complex midrange, and sweet highs of Gibson's vintage PAF ("Patent Applied For") pickups with extra clarity and power. Historically mismatched rhythm and lead pickups give each position a unique flavor for chords and leads, while pairing the pickups together unlocks a sweetness that even Gibson purists will appreciate. For a vintage 335 experience without the price tag, Sweetwater guitarists recommend checking out the Gibson Memphis ES-335.
Gibson Memphis ES-335 Semi-hollowbody Electric Guitar Features:
- 100% American made in Memphis, Tennessee
- Maple/poplar semi-hollow body shouts, barks, and howls blues and rock
- Center block design adds sustain and controls feedback
- Specially calibrated Burstbucker pickups deliver vintage PAF-like tone
- Neck pickup capacitor reduces treble loss for gorgeous singing leads
- Redesigned neck profile with rolled binding is stabler and smoother than ever
- Historic tubeless truss rod improves sustain
- Adjustable ABR-1 bridge enhances tone and playability
- Milk Bottle 18:1 Grover Rotomatic tuners keep you in tune onstage and in the studio
- Pearloid block inlays and mother-of-pearl headstock crown for classic 335 looks